Ukraine has several public holidays. If a holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, it is usually observed on Monday.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 7 – Orthodox Christmas
- January 22 – Day of Unity and Liberty of Ukraine
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- April 15 (in 2012) – Orthodox Easter
- June 3 (in 2012) – Holy Trinity Day (Triytsya) – Orthodox Pentecost
- May 1-2 – Labor Day
- May 9 – Victory Day
- June 28 – Constitution Day
- August 24 – Independence Day
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (also called the Cabinet of Ukraine) announced that year 2012 will be a year of sport and healthy lifestyle in Ukraine.
On December 30, 2011 President Viktor Yanukovych declared January 22 as the Day of Unity and Liberty of Ukraine. He signed a Decree “On the Celebration of Some Memorable Dates and Professional Holidays.” He combined two holidays into one- Freedom Day previously celebrated on November 22, and Unity Day celebrated on January 22.
Also, Family Day was introduced, which will be celebrated annually on July 8.